Cloud ERP software
By leveraging a software-as-a-service model and the expertise you can dramatically accelerate time to value. The software is hosted by a certified partner. You can select the number of users and paying only for what you need. Business applications are automatically maintained and updated by the partner, so you always have the most current technology. Applications and servers are located in highly secure data centers that feature an array of physical and network safeguards to protect sensitive business data. With no hardware to manage or software to maintain, you can focus on your business, not IT.
With cloud computing, you are accessing your business application through an online connection — whether it’s via PC, tablet or mobile phone.
- Provides an on demand solution, you use the resources of an off-site third-party provider.
- Payment is made on a per use basis.
- There are no upfront capital costs, such as for hardware.
- System software is bundled into the pay per use costs.
- Basically you are buying space to host your data and the hardware, expertise, security and support
- A solution where the cloud is owned and managed by your organization, not by a cloud provider. The cloud infrastructure is stored in your enterprise’s data center so you control your own resources.
- Your business internal IT sets up, tests and manages the data center. Costs are usually higher than public cloud.
- You pay for hosting and servers and deal with infrastructure, security, and backup, which in a public cloud is the provider’s job.
The most important reasons for customers to consider cloud-based:
- Fast implementation time, providing quick access to functionality
- Reduced IT efforts because both hardware and software operation and maintenance are the provider’s responsibility
- Flexibility due to subscription rather than licensing contracts and “pay-what-you-use” concepts
- Scalability to support changing business needs and supporting growth
- Free up cash spent on acquiring hardware and software
- Most businesses feel that the private cloud offers more control and compliance
- Some Cloud providers offer enhanced security such as VLAN support and advanced load balancing and firewalls