QuickBooks Desktop Services to be Discontinued
Accounting software is crucial for the continued operations and more importantly the success of your organization. Among the most popular accounting software options, QuickBooks ranks near the top, especially for startups and very small companies.
About a year ago, QuickBooks’ publisher, Intuit, announced that QuickBooks Desktop would be discontinued at the end of Q2 of 2023. While this news can be concerning for entrepreneurs and finance managers, it also presents an opportunity to assess current business applications. An evaluation should be underway to decide whether you should migrate to a Cloud-hosted version of QuickBooks or move towards a more robust solution, such as SAP Business One.
Moving on from QuickBooks Desktop
What does a service discontinuation mean? Will I get security updates after discontinuation? Where will all my company data go? Is Intuit forcing me to upgrade to QuickBooks Online? These are just a few critical questions that will leave you asking yourself… is it time to move off QuickBooks entirely?
May 31, 2023 is the date to mark in your calendar for the permanent discontinuation of QuickBooks Desktop services. If you use any of the following software from Intuit, this applies to you.
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2020
- QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2020 (General Business, Contractor, Manufacturing & Wholesale, Nonprofit, Professional Services, and Retail)
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 20
- QuickBooks Premier Accountant Edition 2020
- QuickBooks Enterprise Accountant 20
- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2020
With a discontinuation of services to the software above, there will no longer be access to QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Services, Live Support, Online Backup, Online Banking, etc. Upon no longer receiving services, there are inherent risks to your business that you must consider.
- No security updates or patches will be provided to protect against new security risks or issues within the software.
- No patches or updates to provide for legal / localization requirements.
- No access to support services should you be impacted by an issue that impacts critical business functions such as, no access / system down.
- Should your system be affected by data corruption there will be no access to support services to retrieve this information.
- No access to external integration services such as backups, online banking, tax, etc.
It may be threatening as a business owner to find yourself in this sinking boat because Intuit is forcing you to move to QuickBooks Online. Before you drown, you may want to get ahead of game by considering other options well before your business can no longer breathe on that cutoff date.
SAP Business One: Helping Businesses Grow
Most of our customers onboard as growing small businesses that are restrained by their accounting software, which often happens to be QuickBooks. The challenges motivating their decision to replace QuickBooks with an integrated business management system typically include at least one of the following:
- The volume of master data or transactional data is large which can impact the performance & stability resulting in system outages, crashes, and issues with data integrity.
- Your business is experiencing or planning for growth, but your systems / processes cannot scale easily.
- Need to add in inventory optimization, barcode scanning, serialization, MRP, manufacturing, project management, CRM, e-commerce, Business Intelligence etc.
- Data accuracy and visibility for real-time reporting is a necessity to oversee their business in highly competitive industries.
- Time heavy manual and labor-intensive tasks that could be automated to focus on value-added areas and avoid the hinderance of growth.
Upgrade to SAP Business One
QuickBooks may have been a great solution for you in the past but maybe the discontinuation of Desktop was a blessing in disguise. With pursuits to grow your business and bring it to the next level, considering a fully integrated ERP may be the best option. Out of the box, an ERP like SAP Business One can handle all the same accounting, while bringing a lot more value to your business in the following areas:
- Scalability & Stability: Capable of supporting an increasing volume of orders, with the promise of continuing to do so as over 90,000 businesses rely on SAP Business One to operate fully.
- End-to-end business management: SAP Business One becomes an extension of your company with capabilities to manage and oversee operations across the board. With industry preset packages for industries like manufacturing, distribution and more, the possibilities are endless.
- Automation and integration: Reduce manual tasks with automated processes that give you the time to focus on value-added areas like process, product, and service improvement.
As your business grows with SAP Business One, having a partner like N’ware Technologies to assist you not only through the implementation but throughout your partnership makes a huge difference. With us, you have access to a team of dedicated Client Care representatives whose sole purpose is to satisfy the needs of current clients.
How do I get started with SAP Business One?
The most important part of your ERP project is defining your needs and expectations, as they will be the foundation of your user lifecycle. As a value-added partner, N’ware Technologies can help you clearly define those needs and ensure you get the resources that will support your business’ growth.
Our business consultants have worked with hundreds of clients who made the switch from QuickBooks to SAP Business One, and this is what a few have had to say:
“SAP Business One is a great tool. It brings the knowledge and structure of a large system to SMBs, so we can implement our policies and processes in the right way.” – Andrew Failie, VP of Operations and Administration, Trux Accessories
“SAP Business One, for us, has been all about process improvement; it has really helped to facilitate that. It is simple, and it has been easy to use.” – Christa R. Cronin, Director of Operations, Thames & Kosmos
“There are limitless opportunities with SAP Business One, and we’ve been really impressed with the level of customization available. It supports our business, so we’re able to adapt constantly and grow sales year-on-year.” – Jennifer DiFranco, Controller, GenSwiss
“SAP Business One gives us greater efficiencies and a more professional system. Features like the dashboard are simple but give you a quick glance of how the company is performing. It’s now easy to follow transactions through the business and the change log gives us greater accountability than we had before.” – Thomas Reed, Controller, HUXWRX
If you are considering moving away from QuickBooks, please contact us and we will be happy to tell you how our experienced team can ensure a smooth transition towards your new fully integrated future.