Top 5 Ways ERP Can Improve Procurement Operations
Busy manufacturers and distributors rely on the procurement department to ensure that the warehouse is well-stocked at all times. Manufacturing operations can quickly come to a halt when raw materials are lacking and customers will become frustrated when they experience backorders or partial shipments.
In this fast-paced marketplace, disconnected business systems and manual processes wreak havoc when making strategic procurement decisions. A modern enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution, such as SAP Business One, can strengthen procurement operations and build a better bottom line.
Optimize Procurement Processes with ERP
Manage all of the moving parts of your business within SAP Business One including finances, inventory, suppliers and vendors, manufacturing and distribution operations, as well as other core business processes. An integrated solution makes it easier to enter, access, and analyze business data, which makes it easier to put that data to good use. With the right data at your fingertips, you can optimize procurement operations.
- Automate procurement processes: SAP Business One automates many common procurement tasks, which can save valuable time and improve the consistency of these tasks. You can create purchase orders, for example, that can then be automatically sent to a vendor with a request for a quote.
- Purchase planning: Built-in business intelligence features can highlight trending inventory data, such as products that are increasing in popularity or decreasing. Armed with this insight, you can determine which items to purchase or avoid.
- Strengthen supplier relationships: Manage supplier and vendor data within SAP Business One, including details for items purchased, prices, transaction dates and delivery results. Know which vendors can deliver on short notice or offer better pricing so that you can schedule production and ensure on-time deliveries for customers.
- Boost profit margins: By connecting business processes with accounting and gaining visibility throughout warehouses and distribution centers, you can avoid buying stock you already have and monitor safety inventory levels to reduce carrying costs.
- Improve customer satisfaction: Don’t lose customers to backorders. Strengthen procurement insight and inventory management to ensure you have the products they want when they want them.
Your procurement team doesn’t have time to manage inventory or make strategic purchasing decisions using manual processes. Work efficiently, improve insight, and make the data-driven decisions that improve customer satisfaction and profit margins. Contact N’ware Technologies for more information about optimizing procurement operations with ERP.